ROB SNYDER has handled cases in a variety of practice areas including qui tam/whistleblower, business torts, products liability, and personal injury. Rob has successfully represented clients in federal and state court and in arbitration and has helped his clients recover more than $150 million in settlements and judgments. Recently, Rob was part of the team that obtained a $108 million settlement against a major bank in a non-intervened False Claims Act case. Rob is rated “AV Preeminent” by Martindale-Hubbell, the leading national legal rating agency, and was twice named a Georgia Super Lawyer, Rising Star an honor reserved for only 2.5% of Georgia lawyers.
Born in New Jersey, Rob’s family moved to Lawrenceville, Georgia when he was in elementary school. Rob graduated from Brookwood High School and then attended the University of Georgia graduating with honors with a degree in Philosophy. After graduation, Rob spent several years as a touring musician before deciding to become a lawyer. Rob came back to Athens, Georgia, to attend the University of Georgia School of Law on scholarship and graduated magna cum laude in 2008. During law school, Rob served as the Editor-in-Chief of the Georgia Journal of International & Comparative Law and as a board member of the Working In Public Interest Conference, an annual conference focused on lawyers working for social justice. He also spent time working in the Western Circuit Public Defender’s Office representing indigent clients accused of crimes in Athens-Clarke County. Rob graduated in the top 5% of his law class and was inducted into the Order of the Coif.
After law school, Rob clerked for the Honorable Harold L. Murphy of the U.S District Court for the Northern District of Georgia, Rome Division and then practiced at two highly regarded law firms in Atlanta, Georgia. Rob is an active member of the State Bars of Georgia and Florida, Georgia Trial Lawyers Associations, the Federal Bar Association, the Atlanta Bar Association, the Atlanta Lawyer’s Club, and is a Barrister in the Lamar Inn of Court.
Rob lives in Decatur with his wife Melissa and their sons Charlie and Jack.
Published Works & Seminar Presentations
- 12th National Institute on the Civil False Claims Act and Qui Tam Enforcement, Loan Fraud (June 2018)
- Web 2.0 Crashes Through the Courthouse Door: Legal and Ethical Issues Related to the Discoverability and Admissibility of Social Networking Evidence (with Scott R. Grubman), 37 RUTGERS COMPUTER & TECH. L. J. 156 (2012)
- “Disillusioned Words Like Bullets Bark”; Incitement to Genocide, Music, and the Trial of Simon Bikindi, 35 GA. J. INT’L & COMP. L. 645 (2007)
- Trial Practice & Procedure, (Co-Author), 67 Mercer L. Rev. 257, 2015
- Trial Practice & Procedure, (Co-Author), 68 Mercer L. Rev. 301, 2016
- 2017 Federal Bar Association Annual Convention, Understanding and Applying the False Claims Act’s Materiality Standard Post-Universal Health v. Escobar (Sep. 2017)
Honors and Awards
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rating
- 2016 GTLA Lead Class
- 2015 and 2016 Georgia Super Lawyers, Rising Star, Business Litigation
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Atlanta Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Barrister, Lamar Inn of Court